InlandNet Workshops Starting in January 2014
InlandNet Workshops will begin again on Wednesday, January 15at St. Bartholomew’s Episcopal Church in Poway, CA. We’ve spent the last 3 months revising our presentations and adjusting the times and dates to make it easier for those who want to participate. This next cycle will consist of the same 6 workshops; however, they will be presented on 6 consecutive Wednesday evenings, rather than twice a month. Also, Registration and Check-in will be at 6:30 pm, Orientation at 7:00 pm and the 1-hour Presentation will begin at 7:30pm. The first Presentation will be “Planning a Job Search.” More details will soon be on the InlandNet website at www.inlandnet.org. As always, we are looking for HR professionals and others that might want to help. Please contact us at email@example.com, if you have questions. Thanks in advance for your interest. See you in about a month.
Dick Jeffreys, Executive Director
Helping People Find New Careers!
In December 2008, two members of St. Bartholomew’s Episcopal Church in Poway, California, started a ministry called InlandNet. The vision is simple – to help people in a transition find jobs and new careers.
Our vision focuses on:
- Providing assistance to people who are in transition
- Training people on how to find jobs, and
- Providing resources that are not normally available at networking events
Our goal is to bring people together in a social network that assists those in transition (also known as career search) find new employment. What makes us unique is that InlandNet can provide resources that are not normally available at networking events, such as, spiritual guidance and personal counseling for participants and their families. And, there is never a charge for the service.
- InlandNet makes the church relevant in the world, doing the work we were called to do – helping each other.
- As of January 2013, the group had more than 700 members and has served more than 800 job seekers. These numbers continue to grow.
- There is never a charge for services or to participate, but donations are accepted.
- The InlandNet Executive Team has developed several communication systems, which allow members to receive career opportunity leads from local human resources managers, professional recruiters and other InlandNet members.
- The Executive Team consists of volunteers, either working in the San Diego Community or in their own career search and have offered to help others.
Dick Jeffreys – Executive Director
(Open) – Web Site Administration
Rev. Bill Zettinger , Director – Transition Services and Support